This Microwavable Heated Cap Is the Star of My Wash Day

Photo: Rumble shares the Hot Head'south results.

In all the years I've been natural, deep conditioning has ever been a flake of a hassle. But it's nonnegotiable: Incorporating heated deep conditioning into my routine really helped strengthen my damaged, permed hair at the outset of my natural-hair journey. Up until last twelvemonth, I relied on inexpensive hacks such every bit wrapping my pilus by using any old plastic shopping handbag I establish around my house (constructive, but ugly) to using the classic bonnet-hair-dryer attachment (that never stayed attached) and turned me into Megamind's twin. I had a brief grace menstruation with a upkeep-friendly electric steam cap, until Amazon recalled it after some users reported (I kid yous not), electric shocks.

I desperately needed to find an alternative that would not simply be safe to utilise, only exist more sustainable than a plastic bag and actually work for my hair. After searching every corner of the net, I came beyond a too-skilful-to-exist-true review for Thermal Haircare'southward Hot Caput microwavable cap on Lydia Tefera'due south YouTube channel. Like beingness berated by your mates to re-download Hinge later on a string of shitty dates, I didn't desire to be let downwards once again! But after pilus influencer Bianca Renee posted enthusiastically well-nigh the same cap, my hardened skepticism finally cracked a little.

I bought my Hot Head from Naturalistic Products, which not only has a broad range of caps to cull from but is U.Thousand.-based and Black-endemic. There were a couple of pattern options, simply I wasn't fussed, seeing every bit I'd exist only be wearing it indoors anyway. Most of the plain designs were sold out, so I settled on the 'Zesty' Hot Head. It arrived inside days, merely, adamant to test its effectiveness, I put off using information technology until my hair was dying for some hydration.

Here's how it works: I apple-pie and deep conditioned my hair with my tried-and-true favourites — Alikay Naturals' Blackness Soap Shampoo and Camille Rose's Algae Renew Deep Conditioning Mask (which are both Black-owned). After that, I popular on a shower and place the Hot Head into my microwave for three 45-2nd intervals, flipping it inside out each time. I then place it over my shower cap (doing this ensures your Hot Caput stays clean!), and let my hair marinate. Contrary to my skepticism, the cap gets pretty hot and feels similar the warmest, coziest hug on my scalp. I couldn't believe something made with mere flaxseed could produce just as much rut every bit my electric cap or Megamind attachment, but upon doing some research, I learned flaxseed is known for its ability to retain heat.

The Hot Head loses its initial intense heat after nearly twenty minutes, but considering some heat is still trapped beneath the cap, my head remains very warm up to its 30- to 40-minute claim. (Thirty minutes is more than enough time for a decent deep conditioner to penetrate your hair.) Only if my hair is particularly parched, I simply reheat the cap for another xl seconds, which works marvellously for my laziness. The fact that it'southward cordless has drastically improved the quality of my launder days. No longer bound by a plug or irritated by the loudness of a hair dryer, the Hot Caput gives me the freedom to multitask effectually the firm or relax with my Spotify playlists undisturbed. My curls that were once dry and brittle always experience as soft and silky as baby pilus after I rinse my deep conditioner out. Thanks to my Hot Head, regular deep conditioning has never been and then easy. And while some may say beauty is pain, I'm encarmine glad I no longer have to run the risk electrocution for Insta-worthy curls.

The Strategist Britain  is designed to surface the almost useful, expert recommendations for things to purchase across the vast e-commerce landscape. Read near who nosotros are and what we do here . Our editors update links when possible, but note that deals tin can expire and all prices are bailiwick to change.

This Microwavable Heated Cap Is the Star of My Launder Day